1912 <> 2012
Ingleside Terraces is a residential area in the southwest part of San Francisco with many beautiful old homes. The architecture is eclectic with an original emphasis on the Craftsman style. The area was originally developed in the 1910's by the Urban Realty Improvement Company directed by Joseph Leonard.
The San Francisco Public Library, San Francisco History Center Photograph Collection includes the Willard E. Worden Glass Plate Negative Collection which contains 432 8"x10" glass plate negatives taken by this San Francisco photographer. The largest component of this collection is pictures of Ingleside Terraces taken 1912-1915. Street addresses were not included. These negatives were scanned and displayed online by the library at a resolution of 500x400 or 320x400 pixels. High resolution files and prints are available from the library.
The present day photographers are residents of Ingleside Terraces who identified the houses in the original black and white photos and took digital color pictures of the houses as they exist one hundred years later. The original perspectives were copied as closely as possible, although this was often interfered with by newer buildings, trees, and traffic. The scans from the San Francisco History Center website have been paired with the newer photos and posted on this website in the hope that they will be found interesting. Mouseover or touch and hold the photos to see the dates built and addresses. More pictures will be posted as they become available. Comments, links, and new or updated photos are welcome.
Robert and Carolyn Karis
Clubhouse and Ingleside Racetrack
De Soto Street
Head Street and Holloway Avenue|
Junipero Serra Boulevard
Sundial and Urbano Drive
6/08 updated 1/21.